Sr. Computer Scientist - WebKit Development
The WebKit Development group is improving the web as a platform by prototyping and implementing features critical to expressiveness, layout and application development. WebKit changes are contributed upstream. We work hand in hand with web standards efforts to ensure that improvements are formalized as specification proposals with the appropriate standard bodies (typically the W3C). By engaging with the web developer community, standards groups and Adobe product teams, we identify opportunities for platform improvement.
We are looking for engineers in San Francisco, USA and Bucharest, Romania.
- We are looking for an engineer with a passion for advancing the functionality of the Web as a platform.
- The successful candidate will work with web developers, partners and product teams to identify and define features that improve web application development.
- In addition, the candidate will be responsible for developing the features and contributing them to open source projects such as WebKit.
- The candidate will support and collaborate with our standards team as well as the WebKit development community.
- Minimum of a MSCS or a BSCS.
- 5+ years of application development, including both Web Application Development (HTML, JS, CSS, etc) and native client-side development (C/C++).
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with a team.
- Possess a sense of accountability in meeting commitments and expectations.
- Experience working on open source projects.
Email for more info on the Sr. Computer Scientist - WebKit Development position
- Deep experience with WebKit, Chromium or other browser engines.
- Hands-on experience with large client-side web applications.
- Familiarity with graphics pipelines and layout algorithms.